Assessment has been a key focus for undergraduate education at NC State University since the early 1990s. The Office of Assessment in the Division of Academic and Student Affairs (DASA) supported and coordinated the assessment and program review of undergraduate academic programs and student affairs units from 2011 until 2019. In January 2020 assessment of undergraduate academic programs moved to the Office of the Executive Vice Chancellor and Provost and the Office of Assessment was reorganized into DASA Assessment.
- Three professional staff and one graduate student staff (Org Chart)
- Provide leadership for the assessment and external review of DASA units.
- Provide support for the assessment of General Education Competencies.
- Facilitate research and assessment processes to serve DASA’s mission of supporting the whole student, including: student surveys and Retention Foundations Assessment.
- Fulfill data requests from units and leadership in DASA in support of data-informed decision making.
- Maintain records necessary for compliance with SACS accreditation for DASA units and General Education Competency Assessment.
- Offer assessment consulting for faculty and staff in DASA.
- Facilitate professional development opportunities (such as the Program Assessment Institute and other workshops).