Excellence in Assessment Award
DASA Assessment recognizes the thoughtful work of staff and faculty towards creating a culture of continuous improvement within the Division of Academic and Student Affairs (DASA). All DASA units engage in a process of assessment that documents progress towards outcomes and identifies opportunities for growth.
DASA units who demonstrate consistent best practices in assessment are honored with an Excellence in Assessment Award. The honor is shared with all faculty and staff within the respective units in recognition of the collaborative nature of assessment. The award was introduced in fall 2021 and is distributed annually each fall to recognize reports submitted during the previous assessment cycle. Every DASA unit that submits an assessment report is automatically considered for the award. Assessment staff assign each report scores using a common rubric. Criteria for receiving the award are as follows:
- The assessment report must not receive any unsatisfactory scores in section I or II.
- The assessment report must receive an “exemplary” score in at least 85% of rubric dimensions in section II.
DASA Assessment staff honor the following units for their Excellence in Assessment during the 2022-2023 reporting cycle:
- Academic Advising Programs and Services
- Advising Technology
- Jeffrey Wright Military & Veterans Services
- Office of Undergraduate Courses, Curricula, and Academic Standards
- Office of Undergraduate Research
- University Housing: Facilities
- University Housing: Residence Life