DASA Assessment recognizes the thoughtful work of staff and faculty towards creating a culture of continuous improvement within the Division of Academic and Student Affairs (DASA). All DASA units engage in a process of assessment that documents progress towards outcomes and identifies opportunities for growth.
DASA units who demonstrate consistent best practices in assessment are honored with an Excellence in Assessment Award. The award was introduced in fall 2021 and is distributed annually each fall to recognize reports submitted during the previous assessment cycle. Every DASA unit that submits an assessment report is automatically considered for the award. Assessment staff assign each report scores using a common rubric. Criteria for receiving the award are as follows:
- The assessment report must not receive any unsatisfactory scores in section I or II.
- The assessment report must receive an “exemplary” score in at least 85% of rubric dimensions in section II.
The Excellence in Assessment Award honored its first set of recipients in fall 2021. The honor is shared with all faculty and staff within the respective units in recognition of the collaborative nature of assessment.
DASA Assessment staff honor the following units for their Excellence in Assessment during the 2020-2021 reporting cycle:
- Academic Advising Programs and Services
- Academic Success Center
- Advising Technology
- Career Development Center
- Disability Resource Office
- Office of Undergraduate Courses and Curricula and Academic Standards
- Student Media Advising
- TRiO – Collegiate Programs
- University Housing – Facilities